Friday 2 February 2007

The Cross at St. Pauls.







I went to Walsall today, excuse the boasting, I know you're all jealous. Parking cost me a mere £8. I can dishonestly say, I didn't rant and rave.


Anyhow's, when I was in town, Elizabeth started to get hungry..............


............ so at lunchtime we decided to nip into a bizarre shopping centre inside a 'normal working' church.



Inside The Cross at St. Pauls, Walsall, is a coffee shop come cafe, the usual fare, sausage rolls, toasted sandwiches, jacket potatoes with ham. Also on the menu is toast. I queue up for two cups of coffee for Lisa and I, and some toast to feed Elizabeth with, as we're in a bit of a food rut. The self-righteous sanctimonious staff members refused to serve us toast as it was past 11.30am (I did my best not to 'go' Michael Douglas) ((in regards to the film Falling Down, not shagging everything in the room, who like Michael Douglas, were also in their nineties)).



I can understand that if the equipment used in the mighty act of making toast was switched off at a certain time, making it impractical to make toast, but I find it offensive that they refuse to make toast for a baby when A: They know full well there's nothing else on their menu for a baby to eat, and B: They're serving TOASTED SANDWICHES!!!!



So I told them if they were'nt willing to do some food for a baby, in a holy church, I'll take my custom elsewhere, before somewhat petulantly (but gratifyingly) proclaiming loudly, "See what the lord does, he won't even feed a hungry baby in one of his own homes).














No comments: