Monday 16 April 2007

Homework



Today whilst on a journey to Lichfield, where we visited both the Cathedral, and the house of Charles Darwin's grandad Erasmus, me and Lisa chatted about how I maybe could work in as a first year school teacher. After weighing up the pros (background, education, cash), and the cons (more courses, children), we decided to give it some stronger thought.





Tonight I had to spend three hours helping Kirsty out with her homework. I was gung-ho, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. For about 2hrs. I started getting annoyed by backwards d's and b's by then, and I could clearly see that Kirsty was fed up.



I decided there and then that the school idea is a no-no. Upon further reflection though, maybe it isn't. Kirsty was doing two-weeks worth of homework in one sitting, so she is bound to get lax by the third hour, she's 6, and I'm bound to get ratty by the third hour.

All this and Kirsty had been questioning me about god, life, death, and everything else all day, before declaring very loudly in the car that the new CD I bought (from a charity shop), is... RUBBISH. Fun times!



Lisa agreed to Kirsty's CD declaration. It seems that 'The Brand New Heavies' aren't flavour of the week in my car. Yes, 'The Brand New Heavies'. We all have our crosses to bear, I just bear them publically!


http://www.myspace.com/thebrandnewheavies

Bye for now!
C/x

No comments: