Thursday 10 May 2007

Diaries part one - (click pic to enlarge)

Is Blogging killing the use of diaries? Whilst checking out some stuff earlier I found two old diaries. Here they are, edited for your pleasure. The red numbers correspond to a tale and maybe a pic too! Look down below!



ONEMonkey Mafia
Monkey Mafia were playing a rare gig to support their debut album ‘Shoot the boss’ at the Ministry of Sound in Elephant and Castle. Julie, Stephen, and me decided to hotfoot it down there. I sorted out guest list duties and did the driving. We scored some speed and hotfooted it down to London. Once parked up in East Finchley, we dropped the speed and scooted down to South London. We got into the venue with ease, and were gob smacked at how small the VIP area was. A corridor basically. A small corridor. So, we hit the dance floor, and the speed started doing bizarre things. It felt more like PCP than Speed, super-strength. I took off to see Monkey Mafia in one room whilst the other two stayed on the dance-floor. When the gig finished, I was in a right state, sweating like mad. I thought I was going to have a heart attack so I decided to chill out in the VIP corridor. When there I drank water and ate Extra Strong Mints, thinking that would bring me down a bit. It did a little bit, so I headed out back to Ste and Julie, only for someone to stare at me and make explosion gestures with his hands, in reference to my eyes! Up I came again. I found the other two, and immediately Ste saw me and cracked up as he was in the same boat.We stayed there till we came down, then got a black cab to East Finchley, and listened to Jazz FM on the way home early the next morning.


TWOThe Beta Band at Wolverhampton Civic Bar.
This was odd because they had a Mesopotamian vibe going on-stage!



THREESouthport Dance Music Weekender
I scored us the VIP passes and off to Southport we went, were we found out there was a 24hr bar with free beer. We stayed in a B&B in Southport, the town was hosting a clown festival so we had some clowns staying in our place of residence. We also had a Tina Turner lookalikey who was doing some stars in their eyes act. The first morning, after a very VERY heavy night before, we were awoken to the sound of the landlady outside our door saying “Coco, meet Tina turner”. Bizarre.



FOURReading Festival
Again, I scored the VIP passes. I managed to get Prim a VIP camping upgrade, as she tagged along at the last minute. She bought the biggest bag of coke you’ve ever seen in your life. I’d never done any. The whole weekend was a complete blur. Lot’s of drink, Lots of the aforementioned, and not many bands, which was problematic, as that was why I was there, to review them. I managed about 6 or 7 bands over three days. To this day I only remember Page and Plant, and that wasn’t because of the music.

FIVESpike Milligan at Wolverhampton Civic.
Plain Bizarre. First half rambling, break, last half rambling poetry.

SIXMarilyn Manson – Wolverhampton Civic
This was on the Antichrist Superstar tour. Sheryl was meant to be my +1 but was too busy getting leathered at her local. My mate Roy tagged along instead, along with Nick. The gig was good, I got very drunk and nearly got on the tour bus because of some roadie acquaintance from the Therapy? Touring days, only for an idiot behind me to get jealous and start a fight. I didn’t get on the bus due to this, but wasn’t harmed!








No comments: