Sunday 11 November 2012

November 11th. Early morning wake-up call

Last night Lisa & I took Elizabeth & George to Star City to spend a couple of quid on the arcades. We got back at about 9.45, watched 'Take Me Out' and went to bed. Lisa got up at 5 and went to work. I carried on sleeping.

8.08AM bang, bang, tap tap tap tap tap tap tap. Bang Bang Bang Bang, tap tap tap. On the wall, right behind my bed. Then again, alongside our room - against George's wall. Bang Bang, tap tap tap. Then in unison.

Initially, I thought birds were on the flat bit of our roof, but when it started in Georges room it became very obvious that our neighbours had realized we were having a lie-in. This is a rarity, as we have a 2 year old which dictates everybody's waking hours!

When it was going on in his room and mine simultaneously, it was proof that it was yet another attempt from our neighbours to wind us up. I turned on my phone, it unfortunately takes about 3 minutes to fire up, and by the time I got it running to a level where I could use the (admittedly, ropey) camcorder function, they'd stopped.

It got me thinking about noise in the bedroom, and how knowing that they listen to everything we do and then try to cause trouble, how that has affected our bedroom life. It's killed it. To be fair, it was dying anyway, as far as that room is concerned. It's next to the kids! But joking aside, it's a worry we shouldn't have to fret over.

Whilst lying there this morning, wondering if they were going to start the banging again, I took a picture of my headboard:

It's been like that since we moved in, cushioned so it doesn't bang the wall. Not from our rampant activities (that don't happen there, aforementioned kids!), but because I'm an insomniac, and I do turn over and over all night.

Another case of us being sensitive to our surroundings, yet still being under attack and spoken of as 'nuisances'.

No comments: